Note: The Patient Grant Program is open to leukemia patients who reside in Illinois and surrounding areas. See details below.
Receiving treatment and care for leukemia may disrupt income and bring about new expenses, including medical bills, co-pays, child care, travel expenses, and more. The Leukemia Research Foundation Patient Grant Program is intended to assist patients and their families by easing the financial burden so they can focus on their health and treatment.
Our Patient Grant Program offers a one-time grant to eligible leukemia patients living in Illinois or within 100 miles of Chicago.
The maximum grant is $1,500 per applicant.
- Applicant must reside within the state of Illinois or within 100 miles of Chicago.
- Applicant must have a leukemia diagnosis.
- Applicant household income can be no more than 400% of the federal government’s poverty level. See below.
- This is a one-time grant. Grant recipients are not eligible to apply again in subsequent years.
What you need to apply
- Details of your diagnosis, including date, treating hospital, and treating physicians.
- Social worker contact information (if applicable).
- Information about dependents.
- Details of employment status for yourself and your spouse/partner, including dates of hire and income.
- A statement describing your request for assistance.
- Letter from treating physician (or nurse practitioner) confirming leukemia diagnosis and verifying patient is in active treatment. The letter should be dated no earlier than January 2022.
- Copy of applicant household federal tax return for the most recent year (page showing income). If applicant does not file a tax return, a copy of a benefits statement (such as disability) or a copy of a most recent pay stub (for all household members) may be submitted.
The Leukemia Research Foundation may also request (not required at time of application, but may be requested during application review):
- Applicant’s household bank statements from the last three months, including checking, savings, CDs, and money markets.
- Verification of employment.
- Copy of applicant’s driver’s license or state ID.
- Interview with applicant or family member to clarify information in the application.
Apply online today
Our application can be completed and submitted securely and confidentially online through the ProposalCentral portal. All required documents (physician letter and most recent tax return) can be uploaded to our online application.
Online applications are generally reviewed and processed within two weeks of submission.
For assistance with login or technical questions, please contact ProposalCentral customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.875.2562.
If you cannot complete the online application, you may request a mailed application by clicking here.
The processing time of mailed applications is longer than online applications. Please allow up to four weeks for your mailed application to be reviewed and processed. Completed applications should be mailed to the below address.
Leukemia Research Foundation Patient Grant Program
191 Waukegan Road, Suite 105
Northfield, Illinois 60093